Lear's Fool

Lear's fool chided the king, "Thou shouldst not have been old, till thou hadst been wise."
As we close on 40, our aim is to prod wisdom to catch up with age. We leave it to the reader to judge our success.

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Tin Spam

(Mucho kudos to the ska band The Stubborn All-Stars for their song Tin Spam.)

I'm starting to enjoy those spam emails that cleverly defy subject filters. Y'know, the emails with subjects like "Clean thin speaker overwrought"? That sound like a foreign tourist trying to order breakfast at Denny's? Taking a cue from Opinion Journal, I've begun to make up line 2. For example, an email I got today has the subject, "Although fitzroy may barnstorm". When I add my line 2, it goes like this:

    Although fitzroy may barnstorm,
    I think we've shown it an example of what not to do.

Let's try a few more:

    But shell extinguish
    what exxon ignites.

    Came sidelight surcease
    and curtain descent.


Fun, huh? When I get tired of this chapter of "Fun With Spam", I'll move on to "Confucius say..."

Update:
    The angular hera
    Railed against rotund Zeus's infidelities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home