Lear's Fool

Lear's fool chided the king, "Thou shouldst not have been old, till thou hadst been wise."
As we close on 40, our aim is to prod wisdom to catch up with age. We leave it to the reader to judge our success.

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

It's all Dan Rather's fault

That's right, I probably wouldn't be here if not for "the most trusted man in America" trying to scam the electorate. Watching bloggers assemble - "live!" - the evidence that finally exposed the memogate scandal piqued my interest; and I've followed and contributed comments to a short list of blogs ever since.

My experience had been primarily with fast-moving, multi-posting, multi-contributor blogs. (World Magazine's blog is a sometime favorite.) You know, the ones where you have to talk fast, because the thread will be dead in a day or two, three at the most?

Recently, however, a friend engaged me in a lengthy (by blog standards anyway) email discussion on oil profits, and we wound up moving to his blog, Javelinux, instead, where I discovered that the blog is as good a forum for ponderous debate as its participants make it. And since Jav doesn't post on everything I want to discuss, (nor does worldmagblog, for that matter,) I've decided to take a flying leap from the peanut gallery to the stage itself - and try for a graceful landing. Let's see what the judges have to say....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home